Wednesday 17 September 2014

My LFW Favourites



Hi guys,

London Fashion Week has been and gone and hasn’t it been amazing? I love watching and searching through all the amazing shows afterwards. There are some many talented designers from the UK, I love being inspired by these innovative and creative minds.

I thought I’d share with you some of my favourite stand out pieces and designers from the past week and shows I have loved. 

 
All photos are from LFW website.

… … …

Bora aksu



I have always loved this designer, they always show really inspirational textile pieces and this collection is no exception. It was full of knitted, crocheted and appliqued pieces in floaty whites, nautical blues and gothically beautiful blacks. I especially love ...

the cute collars on many of the pieces as well as the boxy eighties vibe jackets with a girly twist.
… … …
 
Sibling

Those bows!  Sibling is the go-to for knitwear lust! They always show innovative designs and aren’t afraid to be individual and quirky. Those large bows are definitely my favourite accessory of LFW. I might have to knit my own DIY giant bow headband! If I start now do you think it will be big enough by next spring?!
  … … …
   
Matthew Williamson 


  If, like me, you love beautiful floaty material, detailed embroidery and girly prints in your dresses, Matthew Williamson is your man. This year he showed loads of gorgeous tropical prints and colours with a 70’s, Grecian feel. You can always guarantee some feathers and sequins thrown in there too.
  … … …
 
Temperley


Temperley moved away from floor length gowns this year to laid-back tailoring with open neck shirts, baggy shorts and sport lux pumps. Pastel blue and pink shades cropped up again, along with bold checks and midi see through skirts. Good news for the scarf, as it seems to be going through a revival, draped casually around the neck.
  … … …
 
Burberry Prorsum

This show had everything. Furry jackets. Big sequins. Ombre pleats. Coloured PVC. Jourdan Dunn. What more could you ask for? I love a mixture of textures and this show didn’t disappoint.

What has been you highlight of LFW? Who is your favourite British designer?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig