Sunday 31 January 2016

6 European Cities You Need to Visit in 2016

I consider myself very lucky to have been able to travel to some amazingly beautiful cities in Europe over the past two years. One of my goals for 2016 is to travel more as there's still so many places I want to see.

 I have made a little list of my favourite European places along with some tips and recommendations, so if like me, you want to explore more, why not check out these top European cities, you wont regret it...



 Prague 

Prague is the perfect city for a short break, as you'll find everything from czech pubs to ancient landmarks within walking distance of each other, and it can all be seen in a few days.

 Best time to go? Spring 

 The crisp cool air and blue skies make spring the perfect time to visit this Czech city. Climb the clock tower in the main square for breath taking views across the rooftops, then cross the river over Charles Bridge and admire the endless statues that line the banks.

Best for: Pubs, cafe culture & ancient architecture
 

 Stockholm

This Swedish city is a gem to visit just of the colourful rooftops and buildings lining the archipelago. Stockholm is a water city so the best way to travel is by boat and what a view you will get. 

Best time to visit? Late winter into Spring

 I visited around March time and although a little chilly the bright sun and clear skies made it feel warmer than it was. As the city is fairly spread out we hired bikes and felt comfortable riding around this cycle friendly city. Make sure to visit as many tea shops as you can in this city, they are filled with herbal teas galore, perfect if you are big tea lover like me.

Best for: Couples wanting a relaxed but culture intensive visit

Find out more from my Stockholm city guide here...



 Barcelona

 This city has everything, from a beach to the best shopping in Europe. You can spend a good few days in Barcelona and still not have finished. For a little taste of history make sure you stop off at at least one of Gaudi's many famous landmarks dotted around the city. My favourite landmark was the Sigarda Familia, the queues are large so pre-booking is a must, once you get inside you'll realise what all the fuss about. 

Best time to visit: Summer into Autumn

Most hotels boast rooftop pools and bars which are worth every penny especially in summer. 

Best for: Girly shopping trip or short summer city break

See what I got up to in Barcelona here... 




 Munich

This city could possibly be the winner for me, I love Munich and each time I visit I fall more and more in love each time. The culture and lifestyle suits me down to a tee. The people are so friendly, the parks running right the city are open and clean and the food is amazing!

Best time to go? All year round!

I have visited in the height of summer, mid autumn and late winter. The city had something so unique to offer each season I was there and I can't wait to go back.

Visit the Hofbräuhaus house for a traditional German experience and grab a schnitzel and Helles beer to set you up for a day of exploring. The Englischer Garten boasts a beautiful lake if you fancy a spot of rowing or is perfect for just lounging in the sun. I could go on but if you want to read more check out my post here... 


 Amsterdam

Having only just got back from Amsterdam before Christmas the beauty of this city is still fresh in my mind. Visit for around 3 days and choose a hotel near the museums to be in walking distance of many attractions.

Best time to go? Christmas time

 Going in December meant the festive markets were in full swing and there was a decorations and lights lining each street and house. I lost count of the amount of pictures I took of wreaths hanging on pinterest worthy doors. 

 Read more about my Amsterdam trip here...



 Next stop? Dublin!

Any tips? 

Thanks for reading lovelies! 


 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig